Welcome to the Cucumber Growers Association
The Cucumber Growers’ Association (CGA) exists to look after the collective interests of the UK cucumber industry and, where possible, anticipate and prepare for new challenges.
The Cucumber Growers’ Association was established in November 2000 following an inaugural meeting / conference at Stockbridge Technology Centre. It has since formed a formal constitution, published its objectives and a research and development strategy, and become recognised by official organisations as the voice of the cucumber industry.
There are currently 40 CGA grower and supplier members. The Chairman of the CGA is James Broekhuizen from Anchor Nurseries Ltd. There are 16 Committee members.
To maintain the viability of the British cucumber industry by:
- Providing a voice for the membership of the CGA
- Promoting the British cucumber industry
- Directing technical developments.
Membership of the CGA
- Membership of the CGA is open to any person involved with cucumber production in the UK.
- Associate membership is open to other persons with an interest in the UK cucumber industry (eg retailers). However, such members will not vote or become members of the committees.
- Honorary members may be elected by the Main Committee for fixed periods of time. This will reflect their contribution to the CGA.
The increasing need to reduce the plastic contamination of the only world we have to live in – has prompted a BBC program to look into the ”need” to use […]